Are you afraid of cleaning or vacuuming? Then worry no more, because vacuuming has been made easy with the upright vacuum which allows you to stand without straining your back throughout the vacuuming period– you don’t have to worry yourself because all the required tools to make your cleaning session a breeze are provided.
Most homes find upright vacuums to be the best because of their unique styles in a variation -bagged and bagless cleaners that are adjustable and easy to use. These types of vacuum cleaners are portable and handled to ensure a safe, easy and effortless cleaning. If you are considering buying an upright vacuum, here are some ideas to help you select the best.
How to Choose
- Consider why and where you need to clean- large or tiny space, nylon, polyester or carpets and also the ability to clean a smooth surface.
- Filter options- most vacuum clears are made with disposable, washable or Hepa filter options to choose from.
- Weight and capacity. How heavy is the vacuum cleaner and how much dirt can it accommodate?
- Check for reviews and warranty of the vacuum cleaner to clear all unanswered questions.
- Warranty options are to be considered so as to know if the vacuum is of excellent performance and replaceable parts.
Advantages of an Upright Vacuum
- Clean once with an upright vacuum; other vacuums require two -time cleaning for best results but an upright vacuum cleans off all dirt intensely after one pass.
- Motorized brushes which promote the easy movement of the vacuum from one room to another effortlessly and is a great choice for deep cleaning of rugs or carpets.
- Height and stability. Most of these vacuums are high and stable to use even by someone with an aching back and at any height level.
- It is very cheap and affordable. It also gets more cleaning done within a short time.
- Most upright vacuums make little or no noise while in use and are durable, long-lasting, effective and easy to operate.
- Cleans pet hair from your rugs and removes allergen by making the air breathable. Most upright vacuums have anti-allergen and HEPA filtration system to keep you healthy and free from dust or bacteria.
Disadvantages of an Upright Vacuum
- Upright vacuums are large and make cleaning of delicate parts of the house hard to clean.
- Increase electrical bills by consuming hundreds or thousands of wattage.
- Heavy constructions that make lifting of vacuum strenuous.
Attributes of an Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Suction power- this is what determines the speed and effectiveness of the vacuum. A vacuum cleaner with high suction power will clean more dirt.
- Bagged or Bagless option-most vacuums have two dirt options, that is the bagged vacuums which are usually disposable and bagless which consist of the dirt cup.
- Corded or cordless technology- corded vacuums weigh heavier than cordless vacuums. Corded vacuums are for large cleaning while cordless is easy to maneuver.
- Filtration system- vacuum cleaners have one or more filtration systems which are the HEPA, disposable, or washable filter system. Some vacuums have one or more filtration technology.
- Attachments- consider the accessories or attachments that come with the vacuum cleaner such as upholstery tool, retractable cord, crevice tool, hose and switch on or off brush rollers.
- Wand and bin capacity- a vacuum should have a large bin capacity which means large cleaning capacity and a telescopic wand for extended cleaning of hard to reach surfaces like ceiling, windows, and walls.
How to Use the Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Most vacuum cleaners comprise of six fundamental parts which are: the intake port, exhaust port, electric motor, passable bag, fan, and housing for all the parts. Without these components, your vacuum cleaner will not work.
To start using your vacuum cleaner, you will need to decide which part of the room to start from, then pack up all toys, clothes or accessories that may be laying on the floor and plug in your upright vacuum cleaner.
After that, adjust the settings of your vacuum- highest settings for carpets and lowest for hardwood floors, then switch on the vacuum and tilt backward, and clean from the center of the room by swiveling back and forth, angle or sideways to ensure that all dirt, dust or debris are properly cleaned and adjust the height of the vacuum.
Use the attachments to clean furniture, wall or ceiling and then empty the bag or dirt cup. Move the next room and continue the same cleaning process. When you are through with vacuuming, clean the vacuum and keep it in a safe place for future use.
If you have some debris left after vacuuming for the first time, run it over again till you get a clean surface.
Prerequisites of an Upright Vacuum
Before buying an upright vacuum, you need to consider some requirements that make the vacuum a good cleaner. This includes Eco-design, power options, and electrical consumption.
Eco-design has to do with energy, speed, performance and product description of the vacuum cleaner. The energy of the cleaner determines the durability of your cleaner and the speed limit shows how intense the vacuum can clean debris. And always read the product description to ascertain the correct information about the product.
Power options have to do with the switch on and off mode. You should consider the adjustability of the vacuum, that is, how easy to switch on and off and standby mode. The standby mode is very important because it helps you change the angle without switching off the vacuum cleaner.
Electrical consumption is a requirement for a good vacuum because you don’t want to purchase a vacuum that will consume more wattage and lead to more spending.
Top 5 Best Upright Vacuum Reviews
The Shark Navigator NV360 Upright vacuum has broken all limitations and attained the reputation of the best upright vacuum through its multifaceted and portable design which makes it exceptional and unique.
This lightweight Lift-Away technology enables you to use the vacuum by simply detaching the brush roller and lifting the vacuum by the handle in order to employ one of the numerous attachments and easily clean all those hard to access areas. These attachments include a pet brush, dusting brush, crevice tool, and hard floor hero attachments for easy cleaning of hard dirt and surfaces.
This non-adjustable height vacuum can automatically turn off when it comes in contact with jam and makes cleaning a breeze by using the Lift-away technology for effective cleaning. This vacuum cleaner is not very flash but produces a great and clean surface after a single cleaning period.
The vacuum cleaner features a lift-away technology, Hepa filters, anti-allergen technology, large dust cup capacity, swiveling steering and automatic turn-off rolling brush with hard floor hero, crevice tool and pet or dusting brush attachments.
Who should purchase this?
This vacuum is great for anyone who needs a clean surface but desires to use a lightweight vacuum cleaner. Also, a great choice for those with an allergy.
- Portable and lightweight technology
- HEPA filter technology
- High performance
- Easy to use
- Many attachment options
- Non-adjustable brush rollers
- It cannot clean hard to reach surfaces or beneath your furniture.
The Bissell Cleanview Swivel Pet Upright Vacuum Cleaner solves the problem of cleaning pet hair in the home. Designed with specialized pet tools and features to attain maximum and excellent performance by keeping your home looking sparkling clean.
The Cleanview swivel pet has swiveling steering that has the ability to clean around and beneath furniture and other obstacles in your home. The edge-to-edge cleaning abilities help you clean with confidence knowing that you will get a better and cleaner surface with each pass.
The brush rollers feature a triple-action lift, which can be loosened in order to dispose of embedded pet hair. It also includes a scatter free technology with silk-like bristles which makes cleaning and removal of debris a breeze.
Who should purchase this?
This vacuum cleaner is designed for people who have allergies or asthma and pet owners who find it hard to clean pets’ hair.
The large dirt cup emptying of the vacuum very easy.
- Triple action brush rolls with multi-cyclonic suction technology
- Swiveling steering and scatter free technology
- Ability to clean different types of surface or floor and large dirt cups
- Bagless with silk-like bristles and attachments.
- The suction power of the hose is not reliable.
The Kenmore Elite Bagless HEPA Upright Vacuum with Pet Handi-Mate is a multifunctional cleaning equipment that provides you with a clean surface. This vacuum cleaner is excellent for removing debris from your carpet or rugs, furniture, car or van seat and stubborn pet hair.
The vacuum cleaner features a Pet Handi-Mate which has a turbine that is air driven and rotation the brush rollers to a high RPMs to easily suck up all the dirt. The dual-motor and the powerful suction system with eight cyclones guarantees a cleanroom by trapping 99.97% of all forms of dirt. It is very easy to use by simply adjusting the height of your machine into six positions to attain excellent airflow to keep your house or car clean.
The aluminum telescopic wand makes cleaning of “hard to reach surfaces” easy by housing some attachments such as the dust and crevice nozzle and the Pet Handi-mate. It also included an easy to dispose of or empty bin that can be detached.
Who should purchase this?
This upright vacuum is for pet owners and can be used for cleaning the home, cars, and ceilings. It is easy to use.
- Bagless upright vacuum design.
- Washable HEPA filters
- Pet HandI-mate technology
- Dual motor power with eight cyclons
- Three attachments include a hose, wand, and dust or crevice tool.
- features limited attachments.
Dyson praises Animal 2 as the most potent upright vacuum, which has a unique and high performing suctioning power which is what makes a great vacuum. This suction power makes Dyson Animal 2 an outstanding cleaning tool and it stands out among other vacuums.
Switch between hardwood and carpets by using the self-adjusting option to easily maneuver and clean the entire surface. The self-adjusting cleaner head thrusts deep into rugs or carpets to trap dust or animal hair and doesn’t require manually switching of adjustment.
The cyclonic technology minimizes suction power and traps in more microscopic organisms. And its wand and hose make cleaning of hard to reach surfaces easy.
This vacuum cleaner features a HEPA filtration to help those with severe allergies clean with easy and without fear and also keep your hand clean when disposing of the dirt by pressing the button on the bin. It also has a five years warranty that covers any complaint or replacement of parts.
Who can purchase this?
This vacuum cleaner is designed to clean the toughest stains or dirt found in homes with kids and pets. It is great for parents and pet owners.
- Strong suction power
- Excellent for cleaning pet hair
- Five years warranty
- Self-adjusting cleaner head with sturdy bristles.
- HEPA filtration technology
- Swift and fast release wand
- Limited hose capacity and adjustability.
- Not suitable on high-pile carpet
Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away Upright Vacuum is a portable design that carries has all the advantages of a larger vacuum cleaner. It’s is designed to clean the toughest stains with ease and provide a quite vacuuming session.
This vacuum is a versatile cleaner with a cannister, and upright model deliver the best cleaning results on carpet, hard floors, upholstery, curtains and walls. It comprises an XL-capacity dust cup for lengthened vacuuming.
This Lift-Away upright vacuum has a pet power brush for easy cleaning of pet hairs and also features a detachable canister and an LED lights for cleaning of hidden dirt or debris, swivel steering, XL-capacity dust cup, Anti-allergen, flexible crevices Technology and a HEPA filter system that is washable.
This bagless corded cleaner is easy to assemble and has a large dirt cup that measures 1.3quarts.
Who should purchase this?
This vacuum cleaner is perfect for homes with carpet or hardwood and also works well in cleaning pet hair.
Its Lift-Away pod ensures radiant and easy cleaning of ceilings, walls or under the furniture.
- Shark rotator with Lift-Away pod Good air performance at the end of the hose
- Noiseless vacuuming
- Easy to assemble
- Large dirt cup which is easy to dispose
- Anti-allergen and HEPA filtration.
- LED lights located at the nozzle for easy cleaning of dark corners
- Not very portable
- Does not have a telescopic wand
We all desire to live in a clean environment but cleaning the house or car can be tiring. But what is even worse is straining your back muscles in the process of cleaning. But with an upright vacuum cleaner, you get to enjoy a great cleaning session without going through any form of pain.
This type of vacuums has different attachments that ease the work and keep you healthy by preventing you from inhaling dust and capturing microscopic organisms on your rugs, carpets, upholstery, car, and hardwood surface. So when choosing a vacuum cleaner, always choose the one that suits your needs and I believe this review will help you to choose the best.